Federal Benefit Checks to Direct Deposit Today
you still receive a paper check for your Social Security or
other federal benefit payments, please know that you are
required to switch to direct deposit by March 1, 2013. With that deadline just two
months away, we encourage you to act now and make the switch
before time runs out.
It’s fast, free, and easy to sign up. You can sign up:
• At your local Baylake Bank
• Online at the U.S. Department of
the Treasury’s Go Direct® website,
• By calling the U.S. Treasury
Electronic Payment Solution Center at (800) 333-1795 Monday
– Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST
Call now to avoid delays near the deadline and start enjoying
the safety, ease and reliability of direct deposit. If you do
not choose direct deposit by the deadline, you may be issued a
Direct Express® Debit MasterCard® card.
The U.S. Department of Treasury’s GoDirect® advises that you
have the following information on hand to make the switch:
• 12-digit federal benefit check number
• Amount of most recent federal benefit check
• Bank routing transit number*
• Account number* and type—checking or savings
*This information is often on personal checks.
Direct deposit is safer than paper checks, but it is also
important that you take steps to keep your money safe. The U.S.
Department of the Treasury urges you to follow these
three tips: (1) Be careful of anyone who calls, texts or emails
you asking for personal information; (2) Do not give out your
social security number or account information to anyone unless
you are the one who has made the contact;
(3) Watch your checking or savings account often to make
sure that all account activity is yours.